Nothing can harm a business more than late or missed payments. With over 15 years experience, we can collect your overdue invoices and allow you to maintain good relationships with your client. You work hard for your money – We work harder to get it back!
Our own research shows that 65% of debts are paid within 2 weeks when a third party letter is received
If we attend premises in relation to a business debt, unless we are working under CRAR (Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery) or a Warrant or Writ of Control, then we are legally classed as Debt Collectors or Recovery Agents without the powers of a Enforcement Agent (Bailiff). Although we may use the same certificated agents to collect debt, they do not have any additional powers.
A debt collector can:
- Visit the debtor at home (for personal debts)
- Speak to the debtor about the debt and try to arrange payment.
- Ask the debtor to make payment to them
But debt collectors can’t do any of the following:
- Visit a debtor at their workplace (unless the debt is for a business)
- Act in a threatening or intimidating way, or cause a disturbance
- Force their way into the debtors house or refuse to leave when they tell them to
- Take any of the debtors belongings or clamp their car
- Pretend they’re a bailiff or enforcement agent
- Speak to neighbours, family or flatmates about the debt
What we do when we attend:
- We will discretely ask to speak to the debtor (or in case of a business, the person in apparent authority)
- We will explain the reason for our visit and try to arrange full payment.
- We will explain possible further steps that the creditor can take if we do not reach a resolution.
- In the event of a refusal, we will record details of assets observed which could be beneficial if you apply for a judgement.
- We will observe property condition and take external photographs.
- We will try to obtain full contact details
- We will need to leave the property if the debtor insists we leave
A Bespoke Solution for Your Business
At RK9 our focus is on customer satisfaction. We work hard to deploy the right resources to suit your specific requirements. We never subcontract our staff, recruiting only the best individuals to represent us and meet our exceptionally high standards. All site instructions and training is given by RK9 management to the criteria set by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).